Mega Kiwi Cantaloupe Agua Fresca
Who would have ever thought of turning cantaloupe and kiwi into a beverage? This recipe uses both a blender and a juicer, but you could def get away with just throwing everything into the blender. Be sure to strain out the seeds before you serve and save a few kiwi slices for an adorable garnish.
Here's What You Need:
2 Ripe cantaloupe melons
8 Cups water
3 Mega Kiwis
1/4 Cup agave syrup (add more if you prefer it sweeter)
1. Half the melons to get 4 pieces. Set two halves aside.
2. Peel Mega Kiwi fruit.
3. Extract the fruit from one of the melons (two halves) and add to a blender.
4. Add 4 cups of water and 3 of the Mega Kiwi fruit. Blend on high for about 30-40 seconds or the melon has been liquified.
5. Place a sieve over the top of a pitcher and gradually pour the blended melon through the sieve, squeezing it through with the back of a wooden spoon or spatula.
6. Discard the remaining pulp left in the sieve and continue to strain the juice from the blender.
7. Repeat the process with the second melon.
8. Once both melons have been blended and strained into the pitcher, add the agave and stir with a whisk until the agave has dissolved.
9. Cover the pitcher with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
10. Add some ice to the pitcher just before serving and pour into tall glasses. Garnish with some extra slices of Mega Kiwi.