Mega Kiwi Hawaiian Pizza
Predicted to be trending in 2020! Try it here first!
Today is chilly. With the snow day I decided to make some homemade pizza to warm us up! A friend had tagged me in a video the night before, and the radio host in the video was talking about how kiwi pizza was going to be trending in 2020. How can I not make it after seeing that? Look at the cheesy, bubbly goodness.
6 oz tomato paste (1 -6 oz can)
15 oz tomato sauce (1 - 15 oz can)
1-2 TBS oregano to taste
2 TBS Italian seasoning
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ TBS garlic salt
1 tsp sugar
1 cup warm water 105-110 degrees F
1 TBS sugar
1 TBS active dry yeast
1 TBS olive oil
2 to 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 Mega Kiwi, peeled and sliced
Fresh cut pineapple bits, as much as desired
Shredded ham of your choice, as much as desired
1 bag of shredded low moisture mozzarella cheese (2-3 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place pizza pan in oven to heat.
Put warm water into a large mixing bowl. Add sugar and yeast and stir to combine.
Let mixture sit for 5 minutes, or until it becomes frothy and bubbles form.
2. Add olive oil and gently stir to combine.
Add 2 cups of flour and salt and mix with a spatula until a ball begins to form (dough will still be slightly sticky). Add more flour as needed to form a dough ball.
3. Transfer to a floured surface and knead into a smooth dough, adding up to ½ cup extra flour if needed. Roll dough into your desired shape and gently transfer to your prepared pan, spray with cook spray first.
4. To ensure the dough doesn't form air pockets, use a fork to prick to the dough all around (gently so you do not poke holes all the way through the crust).
5. Add pizza sauce and toppings!
Bake on the lower rack of your oven for around 15 minutes until the crust looks crispy and lightly browned and cheese is bubbly.
6. Brush crust with melted garlic butter if desired. Let cool, cut and serve!